Series 1070, G1070 LavSafe™ Thermostatic Faucets
Stylish Faucet on the Outside – Reliable Scald Protection on the Inside
Every year thousands are scalded by untempered lavatory fixtures. Our new line of LavSafe™ thermostatic faucets provide an efficient, streamlined solution to this problem; one that meets the scald protection requirements of ASSE 1070 in one self-contained, easy-to-install package.
LavSafe™ doesn’t require a separate thermostatic valve; LavSafe’s internal paraffin thermostat controls both temperature and pressure. Your bottom line: ensured user safety, less time spent on installation, fewer installed parts, fewer potential leak points and fewer callbacks for maintenance.
- Meets ASSE 1070 tempering valve standards for scald protection
- Protects against scalding injuries, reducing owner liability
- No separate thermostatic valve means quicker installation and fewer leak points
- Variety of installation options to suit just about any application
- All models are ADA compliant and Lead Free*
To learn more about LavSafe™ Thermostatic Faucets, and how they provide an efficient, streamlined solution to scalding by untempered lavatory fixtures, visit LavSafe.com or contact your Watts representative.
Pressure – Temperature
- Maximum Working Pressure: 125 PSI (861 KPA)
- Maximum Hot Water Temperature: 194ºF (90ºC)
- Minimum Hot Water Supply Temperature: 5ºF (3ºC) Above Set Point
- Temperature Adjustment Range: 60 - 120ºF (15 - 49ºC)
- Minimum Flow to ASSE 1070: 0.5 GPM (2.2 LPM)
- Cold Water Inlet Temperature Range: 39 – 80ºF (4 – 27ºC)
- Hot Water Inlet Temperature Range: 120 - 180ºF (49 - 82ºC)
- Factory Set Temperature: 105ºF (41ºC)
- Body: Lead Free* Brass
*The wetted surface of our Lead Free products contacted by consumable water contain less than one quarter of one percent (0.25%) of lead by weight.
- Eliminates installation of under-the-counter thermostatic valve
- Advance Thermal Actuator quickly compensates for pressure and temperature fluctuations
- Mixes hot and cold water to deliver tempered water within specified range
- Durable Lead Free* brass body complies with Lead Free* installation requirements
- Copper supplies feature integrated check valves
- Self-contained cartridge installs in minutes, simplifying repairs
- Virtually shuts off hot water flow in the event of cold water failure
- ADA compliant
- ASSE 1070, IAPMO cUPC listed, NSF-6
LavSafe™ simplifies installation while complementing any decor.
From retrofit to new construction, sleek contemporary styling ensures that LavSafe™ will look as beautiful as it works. The solid brass Lead Free* construction of LavSafe™ is chrome-plated to a mirror-like finish for a lifetime of beauty and protection. LavSafe™ may be installed with or without the base plate, with or without the drain pop-up, and with or without longer handles. All configurations are ADA-compliant. LavSafe™ is also available in a gooseneck style, ideal for commercial and institutional facilities.
LavSafe™ complies with state and local plumbing codes for public lavatories
State and local laws governing water temperature control are growing more stringent each year. The 2006 and 2009 International Plumbing Code (IPC) and the 2009 Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) now reference ASSE 1070 devices for limiting hot water temperature for public restroom applications. The traditional solution for code compliance requires installing two devices at the lavatory, the faucet above the deck and the tempering valve below. LavSafe™ provides an efficient, streamlined solution for compliance in one self-contained, easy-to-install package.
LavSafe™ is environmentally friendly, too.
LavSafe™ is available with a WaterSense®compliant 1.5 GPM aerator option which can save thousands of gallons of water a year, helping projects earn LEED credits.
LavSafe’s precision tempering capabilities also allow boilers to operate at higher temperatures and maintain peak efficiency. That means no wasted energy from fluctuating temperatures. As an added benefit, boilers that maintain 140ºF help kill potentially harmful legionella bacteria in the water.