- Will the coating chip off?
- What is the coating made from?
- What is the advantage of buying Dormont coated hoses over any coated hoses?
- Is the coating the same used on foodservice connectors? If not, why? The coating seems to be a good protector against cleaning fluids.
- Will cleaning solvents damage the hoses?
1. Will the coating chip off?
If chipping is a concern, Dormont recommends our hot-dipped PVC coated products such as ULTRA Flow® and The Blue Hose®, which feature a thick, resilient coating. Like any hard-coated product, an occasional small chip can be expected if the it is subjected to impact.
2. What is the coating made from?
The coating is made from an enhanced polyester that features an antimicrobial additive to inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold, and mildew. The coating also provides improved UV, humidity, and corrosion protection, as well as enhanced flame and smoke resistance.
3. What is the advantage of buying Dormont coated hoses over any coated hoses?
They provide consistent coverage along the entire length of the connector with no over-spray into the inside of the tube, which could introduce debris into the gas system.
4. Is the coating the same used on foodservice connectors? If not, why? The coating seems to be a good protector against cleaning fluids.
No, foodservice connectors use a hot-dipped PVC coating with a patent-pending anti-microbial agent. Dormont’s Blue Hose® is designed for Safety through Mobility™, which targets cleanliness and kitchen safety in commercial channels for moveable appliances.
5. Will cleaning solvents damage the hoses?
No, SafetyShield® has been tested against common household chemicals in concentrated form. Exposure to vapors and emersion did not compromise the integrity of the coating.