OnSite App Frequently Asked Questions
- Which devices are compatible with the Watts OnSite mobile and web app?
- What are the WiFi connectivity requirements?
- How do I get started?
- How do I delete a user
- How do I transfer ownership
- How do I invite admins/users to the app?
- How do I set the temperature setback?
- How do I set up alerts?
- How do I set up notifications and preferences?
- How do I get reports? And change views?
- How do I change mixed outlet temperature?
- What can I view on the Monitor tab?
1. Which devices are compatible with the Watts OnSite mobile and web app?
The following devices are compatible:
Powers IntelliStation Jr series LFIS075VL, LFIS100VL, LFIS150VL, and LFIS200VL (Date code: April 2021, lot # 305429 or later, firmware version J1301-1.0.2 or later)
2. What are the WiFi connectivity requirements?
The devices require WiFi 802.11 B/G/N using a 2.4 GHz signal and WPA2 encryption. The devices do not support WEP encryption.
3. How do I get started?
There are a series of actions required to get started. See 3b, 3c, and 3d for detailed instructions.
a. Download the Watts OnSite app from the App Store or Google Play, or access the Onsite web application via WattsOnSite.com
b. Create an account and add your first location.
c. Connect the IntelliStation Jr device to WiFi.
d. Select Register Device on the controller and enter the 8-digit registration code provided into the app. (Once the device provides the code, you have 30 minutes to enter the code into the app.)
3b. How do I add or edit/leave/delete a location?
When you setup a new account, a default location called Locations will be automatically created.
To add a new location, follow these steps:
- Select the ⊕ icon in the upper right corner and complete all fields with an *, select the Add Location button at the bottom of the screen.
- You may also set up Sublocations here.
To edit a location, follow these steps:
- Select the location from the Locations screen.
- Select the ellipsis icon (3 stacked dots) from the upper right corner, and a menu appears to Edit Location, Leave Location, or Delete Location.
Note: only Admins and Users can Leave a Location. The option is unavailable for Owner.
3c. How do I connect the IntelliStation Jr device to WiFi?
From the device controller, select "PRGM"
Enter the passcode (default or assigned).
If WiFi is not On, press WiFi
Select "On" and Accept
Select Network SSID
Choose the WiFi network to connect
If the network is secured, enter the password
Wait while the connection is verified. It may take up to 1 minute before connecting
Network connection is established, select OK.
Select Postal/Zip and enter your postal/zip code for accurate data time stamping and Accept
3d. How do I register a device?
Once the previous steps are complete, select Register Device in the WiFi menu.
Use this registration code provided to connect a device to a location in the app.
From the app Locations screen, select the location you wish to connect the device to. Select the ⊕ icon to add your device. You will receive a prompt to enter the 8-digit registration code, provided by the controller (as mentioned above). Enter the 8-digit code and select Next to register the device.
4. How do I delete a user?
From the Locations screen, select the location then select the Users tab, select the – icon from the Users name you wish to remove.
5. How do I transfer ownership?
From the Locations screen, select the location then select the Users tab. If you are the Owner, select the double arrow icon beside the Owner, follow the prompt to enter the new Owner’s email address and Begin Transfer.
6. How do I invite admins/users to the app?
- An Owner or Admin can invite other Admins or Users to the app. Users do not have this capability.
- From the Locations screen, select the location then select the Users tab, select the ⊕ icon from the top right corner, select Invite a User, enter their email, choose their role from the drop-down list, and select Send Invite at the bottom right of the screen.
7. How do I set the temperature setback?
From the Locations screen select the location, select the device then select the Schedule tab. Select ON and choose the day of the week and Normal Start time and Savings Start time for each day. Select Save. Below this, in the box Mixed Setback Offset, select the ellipsis icon and Edit Setting to set the desired Mixed Setback Offset. Select Save.
8. How do I set up alerts?
From the Device screen under the Dashboard tab scroll below the History graph and Mixed Outlet Setpoint box to High Temperature Alert Differential and Low Temperature Alert Differential. Select the ellipsis icon and Edit Setting, set the desired alert differential and Save.
9. How do I set up notifications and preferences?
Select the hamburger Menu icon in the bottom right of the screen (top left in the web app). Select Settings. Choose how you would like to receive Notifications. Be sure to enter a Phone Number for Push and/or Text Notifications. Scroll to the bottom of the screen in order to Save these changes. You can also change Preferences in this screen. Preferences need to be saved before they take effect.
Notifications may also be viewed in the app. Select the Notifications icon in the bottom middle of the screen (top right corner in the web app). This will give you a view of currently active alerts for all devices by Priority or Time.
10. How do I get reports? And change views?
- From the Device screen under the Dashboard tab, from within the graph area select the down arrow icon to download reports. A CSV file is emailed and a PDF can be generated from the web app.
- Select the settings icon for different time period views. Options are 24 hours, 7 days, and 30 days.
- Select the information icon to view the History Graph Legend.
11. How do I change mixed outlet temperature?
- This permission is for Owner and Admin levels only
- From the Device screen under the Dashboard tab, scroll below the History graph to Mixed Outlet Setpoint and select the ellipsis icon and Edit Setting. Use the Slider or Arrows to adjust the temperature Up/Down and select Save once desired set point is achieved. The Remote Max Exceeded message indicates the Mixed Outlet Setpoint is limited when set remotely. Anything outside of this threshold is controlled at the device.
12. What can I view on the "Monitor" tab?
- From the Monitor tab you can view a log of system events in the last 30 days.
- For mobile app users, scroll below the Event Log in the Monitor tab for a display of highest and lowest Mixed Outlet Temperatures recorded since last reset. To reset values, select the refresh arrow. This will clear the Highest and/or Lowest Mixed Outlet Temperature history.