Discontinued - Replaced By: LF909-FS Large
Lead Free* Reduced Pressure Valve Assembly Backflow Preventers - Large Diameter 2-1/2 - 10 Inch Sizes
Series LF909 Large reduced pressure valve assembly backflow preventer is designed to prevent the reverse flow of liquids in a plumbing system due to backpressure or backsiphonage where there is a potential health hazard. An exclusive relief valve design provides substantially improved relief valve discharge performance during emergency conditions of combined backsiphonage and backpressure. The seats are replaceable for economical repair. These large diameter backflow preventers are available in 2-1/2 to 10 inch sizes.
Series LF909 Large is also available with SentryPlus Alert™ technology to detect catastrophic relief valve discharge that could potentially cause flooding, and issue a multi-channel alert (e-mail, text, and voice notifications) to selected users so they can take action to avoid potentially costly flooding.
The coating on this backflow assembly uses ArmorTek™ technology to resist corrosion due to microbial induced corrosion (MIC) or exposed metal substrate. ArmorTek advanced coating system is made of an anti-corrosion primer, a microbial inhibitor to limit MIC, and a protective epoxy-polyester topcoat.
For existing LF909 Large models currently in the field, SentryPlus Alert universal upgrade kits are available to connect to the SentryPlus Alert system and activate for alerts. Flood alert feature available with add-on retrofit connection kit, compatible with BMS and cellular communication.
- Health hazard protection level
- Exclusive relief valve design provides maximum capacity during emergency conditions
- Industrial strength sensing hose on larger size models
- Can be used in a variety of installations, including containment at the service line entrance
- No special tools required for servicing
- Available with SentryPlus Alert™ Technology for flood detection alert capabilities
- Coated with advanced ArmorTek coating technology for 6x less surface rusting
- Brochure - Automated Flood Protection
- Brochure - Backflow Prevention and Flow Control Plumbing
- Brochure - Backflow Prevention and Flow Control Plumbing (Spanish)
- Installation Instructions - 909 Large, LF909 Large, 909RPDA
- Installation Instructions - Flood Sensor BMS Connection Kits - 909, LF909-FS Large, 909RPDA-FS
- Installation Instructions - Flood Sensor Cellular Connection Kits - 909, LF909-FS Large, 909RPDA-FS
- Installation Instructions - SentryPlus Alert Technology (June 2020 - Present)
- Price List - Backflow Prevention Repair Kits & Service Parts
- Specification Sheet - LF909 (2-1/2 to 10 IN)
- Specification Sheet - NYC Backflow Specialty Items
- Specification Sheet - SentryPlus Alert Upgrade Kit
- Specification Sheet - Watts Air Gaps, Elbows and Test Cocks
Select a Model
Select options below to identify the UPC, Order Code, and Repair Kit for a specific LF909 Large
No results found
Share this Product
For product-specific approval information, please refer to the product’s specification sheet or ask a Watts representative. For general information regarding any approval certification partners identified in the specification sheet, please visit our certification partners’ websites: